Friday, December 29, 2006

Lord of the Rings Online and Viral

While slumming through YouTube, I found a cool little video that takes some of the ingame footage from the upcoming game Lord of the Rings Online.

The first one sets the mood, it's Leonard Nimoy singing "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins". I hope you'll forgive me for the assault you're about to get.



The second one is a video taken from ingame and set to the Nimoy song. While this was a clear violation of the non-disclosure agreement from the closed beta... I still think it's pretty cool.



Considering the last post on viral marketing, Does the second video have a viral potential? While it's pretty obvious that it's not an official release... or an unofficial leak, it's got every single aspect of good viral marketing except for transparency. While I'm sure that the person who made the video will be banned from the close beta, I think that this is an example of potential viral - not planned - but organic as people are looking for more and more inside looks of the game.

Enjoy!

No comments: