Friday, December 29, 2006

Ten Ton Hammer Article Roundup

As I've mentioned before, I'm one of the staff writers for the MMOG site Ten Ton Hammer. While the Ten Ton Hammer organization as a whole organizes the communities and continually creates new features and values for their users, each sub-section - each game has, like World of Warcraft or Everquest 2, has their own community, staff, writers and participants.

In fact, they've just recently launched the Ten Ton Wiki, and amazing resource to collect information on all of the MMOG's there are.

What I do for Ten Ton Hammer is write for the upcoming MMORPG, Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar (official site - LotroSource @ Ten Ton Hammer).

The following links are the articles that I've written so far for them.

1: The Balance Between Exploration and Socialization in MMORPG's
2: Designing a MMOG for a Mature Audience
3: Demographics and The Average Gamer
4: Online Community Management Strategies for MMO's: The Player Correspondent
5: The WoW Effect: Homogeny, Hegemony and the Horde

As I write more for Ten Ton Hammer, I will continually update my blog with the articles, thoughts and potentially ideas that I had that didn't make the final word edit. (I've been told I tend to be verbose) :)

No comments: